Invest in Kazakhstan
10 Reasons to Invest in Kazakhstan
- Ample Natural Resources Kazakhstan’s priceless treasure is its mineral resources. Kazakhstan is the 6th largest country around the world in terms of mineral resources. 99 elements discovered, 70 elements explored, 60 are being recovered and used in Kazakhstan’s soil out of 110 elements of D.I. Mendeleyev’s periodic table; they are: oil, gas, uranium, zinc, tungsten, barium, silver, lead, chrome, copper, fluorites, molybdenum, and gold. Mineral and resources base of the Republic of Kazakhstan consists of 5,004 fields; estimated cost is around USD 46 trillion.
- Favorable Location Kazakhstan is located right in the heart of Eurasia, The Silk Road extended throughout the whole of Kazakhstan. The major overland routes binding Asia and the Pacific Region with Near East and Middle East, and Europe as well, pass through Kazakhstan. 3 of 4 BRIC* countries are situated next to Kazakhstan: Russia, China, and India.
- Political Stability Domestic policy stability is some kind of “core value” of Kazakhstan on global investment market. This issue was the foremost and topical one on the leader’s agenda. The prime example of Kazakhstan’s domestic and foreign policy is Kazakhstan's OSCE chairmanship in 2010 associated with global community confidence in growth power of republican development trend. OSCE summit held in Astana in December 2010 is the largest forum in post-Soviet history.
- Favorable Business Climate A great significance is attached to all aspects of a favorable business climate for investors in Kazakhstan: administrative barriers lowering and proceduress implification, of law enforcement and judicial systems efficiency enhancement, tax and customs administration improvement. Kazakhstan is holding a leading position in terms of number and quality of the recent reforms among CIS countries. Over the last two years, Kazakhstan was at the top of the list of 10 countries that achieved considerable success in creating favorable conditions for conducting business.
- Investor Protection Attraction and effective use of foreign investment is one of the main trends in mutually beneficial trade and economic ties of Kazakhstan with other countries. A national status was assigned to international investments in Kazakhstan; in other words, foreign and domestic companies have the same conditions to conduct investment activities.
- Presence of Transnational Corporations Thanks to favorable conditions provided to conduct business throughout Kazakhstan, multinational and foreign companies started to operate in the country. Please see the link "Success Stories" for more information.
- Foreign Direct Investments Kazakhstan has been very successful in attracting foreign direct investments to spur its economic development. With almost 700 US dollars per capita, Kazakhstan is only three positions behind the US in the top-10 of FDI receivers (between Czech Republic and Malaysia). Since 1993 Kazakhstan has attracted FDI of over USD 136 bln.
- Economic Growth Thanks to elaborated policy and attracted FDI, Kazakh economy is steadily growing. Over the last decade, GDP demonstrated a 8-fold growth (from USD 17 bln to USD 146.5 bln).
- Combined Market of the Customs Union As Kazakhstan entered Customs Union with a market value of 170 bln., an individual opens new doors and perspectives to efficiently implement investment projects around Kazakhstan. Investors will have a chance to freely promote their products to Russia and Belarus markets.
- Industrial and Innovative Development Specialized institutions were created in Kazakhstan to facilitate industrial development: National oil fund provides economic stability, Samruk-Kazyna National Welfare Fund consolidates state potential atimplementing breakthroughs; Development institutions running the diversification process. In 2010, the State Program of Accelerated Industrial-Innovative Development for 2010-2014 was adopted; its main objectives are to create new export-oriented high-tech manufacturing; infrastructure development; national innovative system strengthening; local personnel development.
For more information, please visit http://invest.gov.kz/.
Yearbook "Invest in Kazakhstan" (2011 edition)
With forewords from President Nursultan Nazarbayev and Kazakhstan’s Ambassador to the US, Erlan Idrissov, the publication opens by examining the reputation the country has justifiably gained as a regional powerhouse. It then goes on to look at its economic policy, political stability and strategy of prosperity through diversification, as well as the role played by the sovereign wealth fund, Samruk-Kazyna.
The yearbook continues with a sector-by-sector analysis of the principal industries in Kazakhstan, including oil, gas and mining, energy and infrastructure, banking and finance and concluding with chapters on sectors such as retail, telecoms and tourism. Throughout the publication foreign investors are being invited to set up new industries and service companies to diversify the economy alongside continuing growth in the key oil, gas and mining sectors. Portraits of the country’s two main cities, Almaty and the capital, Astana, are also featured in this essential guide for all foreign investors.
Please click the link to download the book: http://www.newsdeskmedia.com/files/IIKAZAK_2011.pdf